Adding links to your posts and pages in WordPress is really easy, but if you’re not familiar with it, you might be intimidated. We promise it’s easy and painless! Links in your page or blog post are important. They create interactivity and help your SEO. So use them!
1. Highlight the text you want to link.
2. Click the chain link button.
3. Insert the link into the first box. It’s best to cut and paste the URL directly from the website instead of typing it–that way, you avoid typos in the address.
4. Check the box that says “Open link in new window/tab.” You should always do this because you never want website visitors to click a link and go away from your website. That box ensures that your website stays open.
5. You can also link to existing pages on your website. Just click the gray arrow next to “Or link to existing content” in the link window.